- Send Text Messages and Attachments to Clio
- Zapier Template
- Create Tasks to Follow Up on Voicemails
- Zapier Template
- Even More Integration Options with VirtualPBX and Clio
Send Text Messages and Attachments to Clio
In these examples, we’ll be using the Webhooks integration built into your VirtualText App. This integration provides your inbound and outbound messages and their associated information for use inside of Clio and other applications.
Like sending any webhook data into Zapier (or similar integration tools like N8N, Make, or IFTTT), your first step is to create the webhook url that will catch your data. Then paste that url into your new VirtualText App webhook.
Now we can start to use your data and send it where we want inside of Clio. We always recommend to send a test that will be just like your real-life use-case to ensure your automation functions exactly as it should. In this example, we’ll tackle a few needs at once:
- Associate the text message with the correct “Person Contact” record in Clio (make sure the phone number you’re testing with is associated to a contact record in Clio)
- Associate the text message with the correct “Matter” in Clio
- Upload attachments to “Documents” in Clio
- Add text message content to “Communications” Logs in Clio
Zapier Template Steps:
- Catch Hook in Webhooks by Zapier: receives message
- Find Person Contact in Clio: takes the phone number that sent the message in step one and searches for the Person Contact that has that number in Clio
- Find Matter in Clio: now that we have the contact, we are able to see their current Matter and select it in order to add our text messages and documents.
- Paths: separates our two needs – logging text messages and attaching documents. The paths are separated by checking:
- Upload Document: if the message contain a document, then upload it to “Documents” in Clio.
- Log SMS to Email: if the message does NOT contain a document, then log those messages in “Communications” in Clio.
Create Task to Follow Up on Voicemails
Busy day in court and have a few voicemails to check up on? Using the VirtualPBX Zapier Integration, you can take voicemails you’ve received, including transcription, and create tasks for follow-up, associated with the correct contact, right in Clio – keeping you organized and ensuring quick follow through. Here’s our game plan this time:
- Associate the voicemail with the correct “Person Contact” record in Clio (make sure the phone number you’re testing with is associated to a contact record in Clio)
- Associate the voicemail with the correct “Matter” in Clio
- Create a task to follow up with the voicemail and include the transcription in the details.
Our game plan closely matches the steps we’ll complete in Zapier.
Zapier Template Steps:
- New Voicemail in VirtualPBX: captures all voicemails received on your VirtualPBX account
- Only continue if…: creates a filter so that only voicemails received on your individual phone number proceed. This step is optional and your filter criteria may vary – for example, filtering for multiple phone numbers, date ranges, or message content.
- Find Person Contact in Clio: takes the phone number that sent the voicemail in step one and searches for the Person Contact that has that number in Clio
- Find Matter in Clio: now that we have the contact, we are able to see their current Matter and select it in order to associate our voicemail task.
- Create Task in Clio: create your task, associates it to your Person Contact and Matter, and adds the voicemail transcript as a note.
Even More Integration Options with VirtualPBX and Clio
While the two above examples are the most popular integrations we’ve seen between VirtualPBX and Clio, there are several more options available to your law firm.
- Texting Data: via Webhooks in the VirtualText App
- Call Data
- via VirtualPBX Zapier Integration – the following triggers are available:
- VirtualPBX Webhooks – the following triggers are available from your dashboard:
Looking for more options? Contact our team – we’d be happy to investigate API or other methods to integrate with your tools.